Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Greetings from Down Under


For the past week I have been in Australia for work. I am leaving today and still screwy on time, but I am finally able to update. Sydney is extraordinary. It is amazingly clean and the people are extra friendly. Everyone thinks I am Canadian and when I tell them that I am American EVERY single person goes on a Bush rant.

This is the view from across the hotel. The entire lakefront is a park with gardens and all sorts of wild birds. Even from the hotel you can hear the parrots and other exotic animals.

I had some time the first couple of days to run around the city and do some sighseeing. The downtown area is super-touristy, but it has some amazing views. The following shots are from around the harbor.


The second shot is the Sydney Harbor bridge.

Almost tried a kangaroo steak last night, but decided not to at the last moment. That's about it for now. I have 24 hours of travel in front of me and I need to finish packing and so forth.

It has been hard leaving home. C told me that Maya was calling for me from the top of the stairs, it nearly broke my heart. I have not been away from home for this long and it has been pretty hard, but I will see them in about 27 hours.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting to be in Australia. Hope you got to sightsee. I know that Courtney and Maya will be thrilled to see you. Enjoy the homecoming. Love, Jerry and Joan

8:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Kev (and Court)!
We just found out that you're in Aussie-land - or were, based on your blog. I hope you were able to sleep on the return flight, but considering who's paying for the flight/seat, I know better! I'm sure it will all be worth it once you get in the door at home, though.
One question - lakefront?
;-)
Beth

9:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home