Tuesday, September 12, 2006

OMG!! It's a new post

Yes, I have been ignoring the world with all the exciting details of our (so called) lives. You have missed out on amazing stories like the mice and spiders in the house, the Labor Day party and Maya's milkshake; not bringing all of the boys to the yard, but leaving a fecal pudding in her car seat in from of Blockbuster. (Yes, there is a reason why the pads are washable)

I also want to introduce my new Internet friend that is actually in China getting her daughter right now. I know, I know, weird Internet friends and so forth. She is probably some 400# Scandinavian dude with a fetish for mulch horror stories. But she is real. I swear. Her name is Lori and her husband John live in Colorado and they seem to be decent folk. In typical K&C fashion I forgot the web address of our blog and had to google it and came across her site. The discovery process was something like:

-Hey they use blogger too.
-Hey there is another Maya blog.
-Hey they are adopting from China also.

So I sent her a cease and desist E-mail to keep her from naming her girl Maya. As parents we like to think of our unique snowflakes as being such, but unless you are calling your kid Funkatronic or something like that (Hmm...Funkatronic... probably not worth checking with Court) you will not be unique. Just kidding, but I did send a warm and heartfelt congratulations and good wishes for their upcoming journey.

Please drop them a comment on how adorable their baby is and follow their story if you like: http://www.mayalives.blogspot.com/

Now with the cuteness:

Yes, that is out little Maya standing up on her own accord and yes that is our little Maya settling the debate that Hoosier is learned behavior. She was wrapped in a diaper soon after this picture took place. We are already teaching her that it is "OK" to have a couch on the front porch and to eat pork rinds for dinner.

She is really getting around now. Her crawling has been amazing and she has been pulling up on anything that she can get her hands on. I think she is going to be a rock climber; between her super kung-fu orphanage grip and her fearlessness from being swung arou....er....played with in an assertive manner she will be climbing like crazy in no time. Also, she is only happy feeding herself. We put chicken and veggies and blueberries on her trough..I mean tray and she dutifully shovels it in bite after bite. It is kind of nice to be able to eat ourselves.

Summer has been winding down; we hosted a party over Labor day weekend and invited the neighbors up and down the street to come and bring their kids.

We did not realize that there were going to be 24 kids swarming like a horde of undead locusts at our house. Thankfully the day was nice, it was outside and no one broke threir arm (like someone did two years ago). We did a Mexican theme, had tacos and provided the kids with two pinatas which they took to like LAPD to Rodney King.

I am trying to get back into the blogging thing, I just feel that my world is a little mundane to track. I go to work, I take care of the kid and I do dishes. (How come none of you told me that there would be this many dishes?) My goal is to write more often but I need YOU, my reader to leave me an anonymous or not comment on what you would like me to write.

Yes, this is a copout and shows that I am lazy, but I am not just here to amuse you, this is a particapatory exercise. No matter the content, I swear that the first five comments (I am assuming each reader will leave 1) will become a theme and I will write about it; no matter the embarrassment from my past or how boring I might think it is; this is your chance to make a selection.

Otherwise I will have to choose something from someone else's MEME or even resort to Maya's milkshake story. Hope all is well and thanks for checking in while I have been lazy. I am trying to get better.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kevin,

Just happened to check in here to see how your new life is going and I must say you are way off on your Hoosier comment. With two daughters of my own, I can definitely say the need/want for young ladies to run around half naked has absolutely nothing to do with their affinity for pork rinds or al fresco lounge furniture. Just the other day my 4 year-old came down for breakfast in panties and a green feather boa. Around 10am I asked her if she was going to put any clothes on. “No.” ‘Nuff said. Also, beware of potty training age, when both of my lovelies chose to shed not just their pants, but tops as well when taking care of their business, George Costanza-style. Just some words of wisdom…

Maya is beautiful. I can tell you are smitten. Congrats to you and Courtney!
Your old Bacon’s pal,
Jen T.

6:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maya is so precious!! It's just amazing that anything they do is so special, even if it's considered "normal" behavior. It's also amazing that we would do anything for them. Love the updates. Love, Jerry and Joan

3:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, yes people. We can all see Maya is precious and Kevin is funny. Nice observin'. You can always tell Those With Children because they talk about their own and forget to answer your question. Sorry, folks. Had to get that out.

First, meme? What, has Court been kicking your ass in Scrabble lately? Gotta find some obscure new ones? Wanna be the man again? Hmmmm? Momma's been cleaning up, eh? Yeah, old pal, you're the smart one. There, there.

What should Kevin blog about? Well, at first I thought kind of a James Spader in Sex, Lies and Videotape-type thing. But please don't do that. One thing that comes to mind is completing your journey to Maya. The stories were great and very open (sorry, no Scrabble for me lately). For many people, your efforts to bake your own bun were circumstances most un-funny. But for those with humor? Well, they find an opportunity to share. Naturally, everybody benefits and the listeners feel more comfortable to share, in turn. So now you have to, it's a duty. For most things there is never enough communication and sharing.

Another thing you may consider is all the unfortunately hilarious social idiocy you encountered prior to traveling to China, and maybe since. I don't mean really crappy things that may just be better off forgotten, just stuff that made you roll your eyes.

Finally, Courtney could add her own entries. After all, this is a team now! Play Like A Champion (but not like the Irish)!

Oh, and no bitching! You signed up for this.

My best to all!
Tommy.

6:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We want Journey to Maya, parts 4, 5, and 6. After the prequel trilogy, we're waiting for Star Wars!

4:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home