Monday, April 10, 2006

Packing and travel

So we spent this past weekend packing Maya's suitcase for the trip. It is still bizarre to me to be handling these tiny little clothes. This girl is already better dressed than me. We bought a pack of those space savers to throw all the clothes in and roll up to squeeze the air out of to gain space. They work pretty well. We have also jammed in toys and food and other things that we might need for her. We even ordered a medical kit yesterday of all the common things that first-time hyper-freaked parents think that they need.

We find out tomorrow when we are traveling. We believe it will be around 5/5, but we will have our consulate appointment tomorrow in which all travel is based. It is hard to believe that we will be with her in about 4 weeks. I have been cramming on the parenting books.

One snag we may have hit is that China has not received out fingerprints yet. When I get home tonight I will triple check that they are not expired and I have to call the CIS tomorrow morning to try and figure this out. We have already received the paperwork showing that we are golden, but we want to make sure that everything is in order before we go so as not to hold anything up.

When I talked to the adoption agency rep today she did inform me that our orphanage qualifies for wiring funds over. This means that about 60% of our adoption expenses can be send electronically and will not have to hang around my neck as we travel.

I am hoping that I will have more news tomorrow on how all of this pans out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin and Courtney- I just wanted to say congrats. I am so happy for you both. I will say a lot of prayers that you will have a safe trip. I know you are so anxious to see your little girl. Can you believe you are going to be parents!!! We have come a long way from our drunken college days. We use to ask our parents for money, now we are the parents!! I can't get use to it myself. I will say it is the most wonderful thing. You just can't begin to imagine how you can love someone so much. I look forward to reading your blog. Please keep us up to date. Just remember to relax and you will do just fine. :) Take care.
Claire

9:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home