Friday, January 27, 2006

Arrrgghhhh. Why can't I dress myself?

Two things:

Over Christmas at the in-laws I was always carve the turkey. I accidentally cut the foil that the bird was sitting in and all the juices leaked out and ran down my legs and I didn't realize it until the pants were ruined. Henceforth the term turkey pants. C's dad lent me a pair of khakis and everything was cool. (Besides the weird feeling of wearing someone else's clothing. I don't know why, but this has always creeped me out.

Flash forward today to the morning ritual in our house getting ready for work.

K: "What color pants go with this shirt?"
C: (Exasperated)"Bring them here."
K: (Meekly displaying pants)
C: "Either brown corduroy or khakis."

C has dressed me for as long as I had to be business casual. When I worked in Jeff City she actually flew in and attached post-it notes to all of my ties and shirts. Every night I would come home and carefully re-attach the paper to the clothing so as not to mess it up. I know, I am really pathetic. After all these years the only thing I know is that brown shoes get a brown belt and black shoes get a black belt and most every work shirt can be worn with khakis.

We were in a huge rush to the train this morning (we always are when Courtney is riding in with me) and I grabbed a pair of khakis out of the closet and threw them on without thinking. As we were making our mad dash, Courtney looked at me and chuckled.

C: "What are you wearing?"
K: "Khaki's, like you said."

You can see where this is going, I grabbed my father-in-laws' pants and threw them on without thinking. No big deal right? What I failed to mention, though we are about the same height his legs are about 4 inches shorter than mine. I've already had two people ask me at work today if I dressed my self and "Where's the flood?".

Just another Friday. I usually have the camera, but not today so you will have to settle with the picture to the right for a visual. (As I look through my cataract-covered fashion eye I actually noticed that his shoes and belt actually match)

Have a good weekend and look for the Journey part 2 and possibly 3 this weekend. I am just finishing them up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home